Saturday, April 25, 2020

READIN' & WRITIN'...




The love of reading was something that my mother instilled in me at a very young age...three-and-a half-months-old, to be exact. 

Here I am, in my usual "loungewear" during that time of my life. My trusty pencil behind my ear, and a book in my hand. Looking off into the distance for a quiet place in which to concentrate, I've no doubt that I'm on the verge of writing a spellbinding review of Peter Pan, a much-loved book. 

Other than the fact that I now have slightly longer hair, and have managed to avoid diapers so far... not much has changed over the years. I still love to read and write and spend a lot of time doing both whenever I can. 











Sepia Saturday Photo Challenge #517




10 comments:

  1. Cute! Nice take on the prompt! Love your comment about not needing diapers again - yet. :[] And your love of reading and writing? You and me both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, these are habits I just can't shake...nor do I want to!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes, I've always been an overachiever. LOL

      Delete
  3. What a great photo of you as a young inveterate reporter! Kudos to our mom for setting up that wonderful shot. And thanks for your Blogiversary visit to Molly's Canopy. Much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome, Molly and thank you for the complement, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Precious! I always liked Peter Pan too probably because of Wendy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment! By the way, my best friend growing up was also named Wendy.

      Delete
  6. Very cute, and an excellent choice for a first read. But which was better? The book or the novie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't think I ever saw the movie. I did see the play, once as a child at the Goodman Theatre in Chicago and once as an adult (don't remember what theatre, but it was starring Sandi Duncan). Both were excellent.

      Delete

Featured Post

WINDING THE MANTEL CLOCK...

A LITTLE BACKGROUND In the late nineteenth Century, mass migration from Italy accelerated. Chicago's foreign-born Italian population, ...